Would God be upset with occasional porn watching? adult content

A friend of mine recently confided in me that she has been watching short porn films online and asked if she felt God would be ashamed of her for doing so. I didnt want to judge and being sort of embaressed by the question wasnt sure how to answer. According to her she only watches porn when she and her husband are not having sex regularly to I guess ease her needs. haha Please help on how to best answer her question. I know in the bible it speaks about being unfaithful obviously to your spouse but wasnt sure what specifically it may say about porn if anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Read the song of Solomon in the bible--talk about PORN! I don't know about other women, but I wouldn't even WANT to watch other people having sex when I'm not getting any myself. I'd feel kind of resentful. Jesus said that even THINKING about sex with another person was equal to committing adultery. My POV? If it's a release for her, let her do it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I really doubt that God is worried about you watching others have sex.

However, if you/she is a Christian and trying to follow the Bible ... ditto on what Shane said ... it is my understanding that just thinking about sex with someone other than your spouse, you have committed adultery. Not my personal belief, but that is what I was taught. *shrug*

If she is feeling guilty about it, she needs to stop, pray and repent.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Not MY god!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The word "pornography" isn't in the bible. I personally believe, and have been taught all my life in my faith, that pornography is wrong. But I also believe in repentance and forgiveness. Maybe she should pray about it.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He would not be mad but she needs to realise that it is a form of adultery ... the bible says if you look at a man ( other than your spouse) you have committed adultery in your heart. She has broken the marriage covenant by doing so.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• no

Answer by older at 8:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• basically, what SpiritedWitch said

From the way I was raised and the churches I went to- God would not be pleased
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I believe the Divine has better things to do then worry about what is going on in peoples bedrooms.
    As long as its all legal(who is doing it and what they are watching...kwim) then go ahead.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would be bashed beyond belief if I answered with 100% honesty in my opinion, so I will just ditto Shaneagle, assuming your friend is religious. If she's feeling guilty about it, then she needs to stop watching.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My Deity wouldn't care. I don't see what the problem would be if she's not cheating on him. It's simply a way to help her release any tension she has.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011