what's the best way to catch a mouse?

old-fashioned traps with bait? sticky pads? help!!

and yes, my house is very clean..no food left out or spilled. its a field mouse. but still..unwanted.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 10:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• A good old fashioned moue trap with peanut butter on it.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• lol i have cats and they really are the best way. but i did have a problem with mice in my garage (i don't let the cats in there usually unless there is a mouse!). i got one of those things you plug into an outlet and it's supposed to repel mice and insects. i honestly know it works because for a long time my garage door was broken and it didn't go down all the way (about a 1 inch gap...plenty of room for a rat even), and we haven't had any mice ever since. not even in the cold weather. i'm not sure if that will get rid of the existing mouse, but it does prevent new ones from coming in. i got it at target
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Poison I wouldn't do you can end up with dead mice in your walls

Sticky traps are really inhumane- I know they are just mice but they don't die right away and when you find them its just not a nice sight they are still trying to get off or stuck all the way breathing really fast and you need to put them out of their misery.

Old fashion traps at least most of time its quick and painless for them.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I live in a very old house and have mice issues. I use Decon rat pellets. Works very well.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• cat

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Just throwing it out there...they do make humane traps so you can catch them and release them elsewhere. That's what I'd do, but then, I'm a major animal lover ;-) I can't stand the thought of killing the poor little critter.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• haha..i wish, butterfly...we're all very allergic.

how do the pellets work? do they ingest it, and then go off to die some place you don't know about..til they start to stink??
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sticky traps using decon makes them go off and die then they smell . It dosen't matter if you are clean or not they are just trying to get in where it's warm and will find anyway to get in.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• hahaha!! I have 4 cats in a 900 sq ft house (RURAL) and yeas I still have mice, It is an old reodled log cabin. Cats don't seem to work Mice are NOT an indication of cleanliness. I don't like glue traps- They are a slow death, poison and they will die, God know where and may smell. they have enclosed spring tipe traps so you dont have to see anything. I like the good old fashion ones as long as we can put them ina sptot the cats can't get to.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Traps. Only use peanut butter. They can get the cheese out fast. It's usually painless. Don't use poison if you have any children our pets in the house. If a pet eats a poisoned rat they are poisoned too
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011