Calling other ladies with long, luscious locks! What are your favorite ways to style your hair?

I've had long hair my whole life, & I love it. However, I'm looking for new ways to style it that don't take forever in the morning! (What mom has time for that? Add in my being a nursing student, & I usually just brush & go) So what are your favorite styles, & how do you achieve them? Thanks!

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have naturally wavy hair. I wash and condition, the lightly towel dry. I comb with my fingers and add a curl enhancer and mousse. Then I take one inch sections and twirl them around my fingers until they are long ropes. I do it all over my head. When it is all finished I do not touch it again until it is dry. It curls in lovely ringlets and only takes about 7 minutes to style my whole head from shower to finish.

Then I either let it hang loose or I use clips and clip up the front into a 40's pin up style.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• since my hair is so thick and curly, most of the time I would just wash, not dry and throw it into a ponytail or bun.
    Now it's shorter...shoulder length. It was giving me headaches since my ponytails would be 1 1/2 inch in diameter since it's so thick.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have supernaturally curly hair! I like to wear it down a lot, and it drives my husband crazy to see it carried up in a breeze! So sexy! But I love the blog Girly Do Hairstyles at www.girlydohairstyles.com. I've tried pretty much every style on there, on myself and my daughters.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Pin my bangs back
    Ponytail
    Low side pony
    Half french braids
    Scrunch
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 4:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Good question. One I often wonder about myself. I just wash and go with my long hair, but recently tried this new thing: gather the layer of hair on top of your head and some of it on the sides, right behind bangs (if you have them), then twist that small section of hair like you would a bun. Tie it up and you're ready to go!
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If you know how to do a French braid, it's fun to braid just the front, starting at one ear and going over the face (like a headband) to the other ear. I let the braid hang sometimes, and other times I pin it back.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2011