please help me with my concern.....

So i am 14 weeks preggo, and i have a rough and tough 2 year old boy. He climbs on me ,kicks me, runs into me with his head that perfectly measures up to my stomache. tonight he was opening the silverware drawer in the kitchen and ran it right into my stomache, it didnt hurt, just caught me off guard and i am a little worried if the baby will be ok. people say the baby is really protected, how true is that? please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• :) don't worry baby has lots of cushioning :) that's what all that fluid is for (well, besides the nourishment part LOL)

Anonymous

• The baby really is very protected. It is behind your muscles and fatty layer (even if you're think there is still a fatty layer there) plus it is inside a bag of water. It would take a very hard blow to hurt you or the baby.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I went through something similiar. My two year old always climbed on my stomach, sitting her butt on my stomach. The doctor is totally right. Your unborn child is protected in a sack full of water, like a water balloon. Right now, the baby in a better position of being unharmed than you. One thing to be aware of is your stress level. This can send you into a premature labor. Right now use your two year olds energy to help set up for the new baby. He will be totally excited that he helped and it give him bragging rights. It also puts him in a position of being the oldest.
    mrskwilliams

Answer by mrskwilliams at 11:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• it might not hurt the baby right now but u might need to strt telling ur son he cant be so rough with u. once ur belly starts to grow it will get more tender, it even hurts me when my little tiny light as air chihuahua sits on my belly. just be careful!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• the baby is very protected but the more pregnant you get the more it will be less protected... you need to get him to stop
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He is 2 right?? I would say spank his butt!!!!! He will just walk all over you later!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• with my last pregnancy My daughter was 1 year old and my son was 3 I completly know what u r going through, but the baby is protected but don't let him jump into your stomache the other stuff isn't a big deal but i alway's had my hands in ront of my belly
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• tell him theres a baby in ur belly and that he will hurt the baby and it's not nice, Take some toys, put him in time out. Don't take this from a 2yr old!!! Even if u believe he wont hurt you. Ive heard stories that people being punched or barely hit had miscarrages
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You may be protected but there is still not a good idea to have him messing with your belly.

I have this spot on my back that is super senstivie after a accient. I can't be touch there because it really REALLY hurts. My daughter used to bump me, hit me or whatever. Sometimes it was just an accient, other times she would hit me on purpose. It took some work but we have gotten her to stay away from my back. We explained that it really hurts mommy when something touches my back, and what happens if mommy gets hurt there again, "mommy won't be able to pay with you for a few days, mommy will have to stay in bed etc.. It's that bad. It also took some punishment, taking things away, timeouts to get her to stop. She leaves my back alone now.

Try explaining what can happen if he "hurts your belly", get him trained before you are futher along.
    vampjaded

Answer by vampjaded at 10:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009