why dose my step son hate me soooo much

Hi, I have 2 new step sons, one is 19 and is super sweet and so nice to me the other is 15 and is such a jerk, he is so mean to me and disrespectful. I am nothing but nice and caring to him I drive him to school help him with him and chill out with him. But he gets so mad at me and soooooo nasty for no reason. I know I am closer to his age than my husbands but I am not acting like a controlling step mom Im just trying to build a realtionship and he will have none of it!!!!

tiffee88baby

Asked by tiffee88baby at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• He's 15...puberty, you are his step mom, not his real mom.
    Give him time.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• how old are you?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• are you 22??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• his mom is probably being spiteful and saying things about you, i wouldnt take it too personal. what does his dad say?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• She is 22, it was in a previous question she asked.

Did you end up telling his dad that he got suspended?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Because you are probably 1/2 the age of his father and he thinks you are a gold digging harlot and refuses to get close to you.
    Anonymous

• I am sure he doesn't HATE you. (That word is used way too often here at CM.) Just give it time, be cool, be warm and helpful but don't push.
    By the way, it is spelled DOES. Dose is a portion of medicine...a dose of penicillin,for example. It should be written "Why DOES my stepson..."
    Just trying to be helpful.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He's so young, and these blended families are so very difficult. Give him a little bit of space and a lot of love.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well it is weird that a 15 year old's new step mom is 22, I would hate it too. pookipoo, why is it automatically the mom's fault? Maybe he is uncomfortable with the age, and at 15 it is hard to have a new step mom.
    Anonymous

• I would say the 19 year old is prob nice to you cause he wants to get in your pants. I have to say, you are my age, what are you doing with a man old enough to have a 19 year old
    Anonymous