anyone elses boss give you a hard time when your pregnant?

I'm not going to move to fast or lift to much and hurt my baby. None of my other bosses complain about it. I work at a normal pace but I'm not going to rush myself and hurt my baby, my boss it seems is always on my azz, she doesn't do this to the guys but she just seems to have it out for me. I'm trying to find a new job that's more mental then physical. She said since I got pregnant I'm sometimes grumpy, and I don't move as fast and that another employee complained that they did more work which I know for a fact to be a lie because most of them stand around as much as possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope, they didn't. But I also didn't slow down on my job.

If you are used to doing something at a certain pace, it will not hurt the baby. They only caution you on taking on new challenges...for instance, if you aren't used to jogging, you should not start now unless you are supervised by your doctor...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• To be honest yes.
    They fired me. Of coarse they came up with a lame excuse. I was late maybe twice, one of those times I was an accident on m way t work and each time I called ahead. They use those and said that was the reason I was getting fired which I knew was a lie because the irl who sat next to me was late all the time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• During my first pregnancy I worked in a restaurant, my boss was great, but her daughter was an old jealous spinster. I worked just as hard or harder than the daughter, but if I even leaned against the wall for 30 seconds while we were slow, she jumped all over me. Meanwhile she was on her ass in a cushioned chair.

I loved my boss, but I quit and found another job because the daughter was such a rag.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sleepingbeautee the daughter sounds like my boss!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Good lord... I was 5 months pregnant standing in a chair and scrubbing the windows and she would be eating cookies and sipping coffee. I did all the hard labor jobs and she would just point out more crap for me to do.

Best to just look for a new job.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• with my first my boss did she laid me off
    momma051209

Answer by momma051209 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I used to be an equine veterinary technician and I worked almost 50 hours a week up til 4 days before I gave birth. My boss (the vet) was so jealous and angry when I got pregnant. She thought I did it just to spite her (she had just gotten out of a relationship and she was 39). She would ask me to do the most ridiculous stuff, carry big boxes to the attic, jog horses, assist in taking radiographs, hold onto fractious horses jacked up on hormones. She would get pissy with me and then go and talk shit about me to her friend would ran the front desk. I tried so had to not be "emotional" but that's hard to do when your pregnant. I had my child and went back to work 4 weeks later. A month later she announced she was pregnant (she had met and gotten deeply involved with a total idiot). Suddenly she needed an easy chair moved into her office so she could nap, and wanted to discuss her 'discharge' with me (yuck!). Continued..

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 1:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

I am the same way as this first post. I work as a nursing assistant and have to lift heavy patients all day, bend over beds, and am constantly walking SUPER fast all day answering call lights. You can do everything your body was capable of doing before you got pregnant. I have a girl at work who just found out she was pregnant and is trying to get out of working hard because of it. HELLO!! I'm 5 months pregnant and am working just as hard and fast as if I wasn't. Pregnancy is no reason to slack at work and my boss knows that I still work hard...so no grief from her.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Conti...I had to do all my work and most of hers. I worked there for another year and a half before I found out she had been calling me a nigger behind my back as well. I just couldn't do it anymore. At our final meeting she said I had been slacking off for too long and she reduced my work hours from full time to part time and cut my pay 30%, essentially forcing me to quit. It was one of the most hurtful things anyone has ever done to me and still affects me now over a year later. Sorry, I went on so much, but I know how your feeling, just remember you are still a human being and have rights. Don't let your boss get away with treating you like crap, you don't need that stress right now or ever. Best of luck.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 1:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Not me they were super understanding. My friend did have a bad experience. Her boss would continually tell her that if he'd known she was going to get pregnant he would not have hired her. And made it hard for her to schedule her check ups. When she was at her appointments her would call her over and over again to find out if she was almost on way back to work. My advice to you is to keep doing what your doing. Look for a job that you'll feel more comfortable and good luck.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2011