Baptism and Communion?

Ive not been baptised but have been attending church. Ive taken communion with everyone else but I was just reading and Im not sure Im supposed to without being baptised. Anyone know if its ok or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Different churches have different views on this. I view it as if you are a Christian and have asked Jesus into your heart, you can take communion. If you are not a Christian, you should not take communion.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do you believe?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• In the Catholic church it is not allowed. Receiving Holy Communion is a sacrament and you have to go through classes and go through a ceremony. Just don't do it anymore and go see the parish administrator about taking the classes if you are interested.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i agree with snewo, and also talk to the pastor about baptizing you :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have been going to a Lutheran church, if that makes a difference. I struggle with my faith which is why Im not baptised.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you are in a Catholic church, you can NOT take Communion without being baptised. Talk to the priest about baptising you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't know how the Lutherans do it. Contact the church they can tell you more.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you're a Christian (accepted Christ as your Savior) taking communion is fine. Not being baptized doesn't make you not be a Christian. Talk to your pastor or your pastors wife about it and if you desire about being baptized.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Just talk to the Pastor of the church. That is the easiest and best thing to do.

The church we attended did Communion 2x a year ... Easter and Christmas ... didn't have to be a member and they didn't ask if you had been Baptized.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Lutheran - you should be baptized before taking communion.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011