Help with baby names!!!

Hi! My boyfriend and I are having trouble with baby names. I have picked out two that I LOVE and really really don't want to give them up...but he hates them.... BUT he has not thought of any.
I picked out Lucy for a girl and Simon for a boy. I am SO in love with them!
What I am needing here is some good baby names ideas. We aren't really interested in anything that is off the wall or highly "unique". Simple, cute, traditional, but not necessarily common names. I would love it if you could give me some ideas that I can share with him! thank you!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 10:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Baby Names

• gavin for a boy
    bailey for a girl :)
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Lucy and Simon - sounds like some of the kids from the show "7th Heaven". :)

I think Lucy is cute.

Go get a baby book and start highlighting any name you are fond of, then between the two of you, narrow the list down, each person taking off a name at a time until you're down to a few choices. Good luck!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Audbrey Rose for a girl

Aiden Michael for a boy
    Anonymous

• LOL with DS we didn't name him until almost 24hrs after he was born...we just couldn't agree or think of anything. My Dad actually jokingly said the name and later when DF and I were talking we both liked it. His name is Hunter David.

We had Parker picked out but just didn't like it for DS.
    Collon, Miles, Jonathan/Jonathon, Peter, Victor
    Vivian, Ellen, Kathrine, Evelyn, Gloria
    Stacie03

Answer by Stacie03 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I like old names like my two William and Lillian. I like Jonathan, Brandon, and Christopher for a boy, and Grace, Hannah, and Olivia for a girl.
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Before my daughter was born, me and my ex couldn't agree on a name. Finally we decided on the only name we could agree on, Heather Leigh.

My two sons names are William Andrew and Brandon Taylor.

But for girls, I also liked, Sarah, Madison, Summer, Autumn, Sierra, Tess, Rebecca (and call her Becca).
    For boys, Benjamin, Corey, Stephen, Christopher, Matthew, Adam, Thomas, James, Bradley
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Jameson, Jaylen, Grayson, Xavier, Tyler, Nathaniel, Aiden, Maverick, Jordan

Mia, Lucy, Madison, Kaleigh, Rose, Lily, Arlynn, Jade, Sheri,
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I like the names you picked. He should offer names too if he dosen't like yours or tell you what it is about the name the rubs him the wrong way. Me and dh have picked differently these last 2 babies. If it's a girl it's my name and if it's a boy it's the name he's chosen.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I had that issue with my husband when we were pregnant with our daughter. I loved Scarlett Abigail and Aiden Allister. He hated Aiden Allister but loved Scarlett Abigail (it's now our daughter's name). So since he hated the name I chose, I threw it out the window and started over. He eventually came to me with the name Ezra for a boy and I hate it, so he threw that one out the window too and started over. We eventually came to Brayden Thomas after searching for months for a name we both liked, but thankfully our daughter turned out to be a girl because now I hate that name.

Adam, Benjamin, Collin, Dayton, Ethan, Fletcher, Garrett, Hunter, Isaac, Jensen, Kenneth, Landon, Maximus, Nathaniel, Oliver, Parker, Ryan, Samuel, Trent, Vance, Wade, Xander, Zachary

Adeline, Bethany, Cecilia, Delilah, Emily, Fiona, Giselle, Ivy, Jenna, Lorelei, Marissa, Naomi, Olivia, Paige, Roxanne, Samara, Tessa, Violet, Wren, Zarah
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My daughter's name is Mollie Elizabeth (mollie beth for short) My stepson's name is Evan
    Jusica

Answer by Jusica at 9:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011