Saints

So the other day I asked if anyone prayed to Mary. I got varying answers some yes, some no.

Now I'm wondering about everyone that says they only pray to God. What about all the other saints? Do you believe in them? Do you pray to them or not? Or do you see them as just another, for lack of a better word, aspect of God?

Again I'm just curious. There's been many times I've prayed to Saint Jude the Patron of Lost Causes.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• St. Jude, He is my special Saint. Yes, I have prayed to him, and he is a miracle worker!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I believe the saints are people who lead extraordinary lives, helping and being selfless. I think they should be used as role models of sorts. But no, i don't pray to any of them. Why go through a third party, when i can call the head man directly?
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i believe the saints were good ppl, closer to God than most, but like Mary have no special abilities to change what goes on in our lives. i dont pray to them and honestly i only know of a few of them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Most non-Catholics do not believe in the saints.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think that's primarily a Catholic thing. I'm not Catholic so I don't believe in praying to dead people. I mean no disrespect but that's all they are to me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The bible says to worship the Lord your God. Jesus also gave us an example how to pray. Neither have anything to do with praying to saints.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I work with St. Michael the Archangel in my healing. And have gotten far more answers from him than I EVER got from god.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I just pray straight to God...I believe it is one of the 10 commandments.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I do not pray to the Saints- I only pray for strength, peace and clarity- I know many people that pray to the Saint of this or the Saint of that- they find comfort in it.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Pray; to plead or ask does not mean worship. That's for God and God alone. The Saint's are alive in heaven. So yes I ask them to pray for me or others as I would ask someone who's alive here on earth to pray. In the mean time I also pray to God directly.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2011