Losing Weight--hardest change?

If you are one of us who are trying to lose weight, or have done so in the past, you realize that it requires a life-style change, not just a particular diet.

What is the hardest thing for you to change in your life so that you can be successful?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 10:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I guess I'd have to say eating out of boredom! Instead, I have to go for a walk, or do a different activity to take my mind off food!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The constant picking. I pick when I make meals, I pick when I pack the lunches, I pick when I'm bored. It's hard to just realize that I'm NOT hungry, and keep myself away from the kitchen. It's also hard to not eat out as much as we're used to. Very hard. I LOVE eating restaurant food.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wish I could give up sugar for good.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• For me it's realizing that the change I am making is actually being made. It's soo hard to see the progress, because your body loses inches before lbs, and muscle weighs more then fat. Which means the number on your scale might not change and you might not visually see a change .. but that doesn't mean one isn't being made. It can be greatly discouraging to think "Nothing is working" when a lot has been working.

As well changing the state of mind once I have lost weight that I actually am in better shape. People think "Oh once I lose that weight I'll be happy and great" .. Well not so much. The weight is lost, but the way you view yourself doesn't neccissarily change. You might still see yourself the same way, just with less lbs on your bones. So changing that state of mind can be quite daunting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have a hard time not eating what my daughter is eating, and trying to work in work-outs :(
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 9:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I too am a boredom eater. It's hard to change that
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• the late night meals, hate them!
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 6:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I am addicted to food it seems.Sometimes I cant stop.I hate that.I wish I had more will power but I feel like I never will
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have to agree with m-avi......hardest part for me is "boredom eating" and trying to find things/activities to occupy myself.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My biggest thing is exercise. It is hard for me to get off my butt and motivated to burn some calories.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011