Is nudity ok for tv?

I was listening to the radio this morning and there was a debate as to if it is ok or not ok to show the behind of a grown women in a comercial or on tv for that matter without censoring it the host's arguement was that a butt is a butt they show baby's bottoms for diaper commercials what's the difference. I feel a baby's behind and a adults behind are two totally different things. not saying it's ok for either however with the showing of an adults behind we leave a window open for the rose of many community problems. such as sexual assult and the number of pervert we come in contact with on a day to day. Istead of thinking about a persons sick personal pleasures we should be thinking about those with a problem and about the safety of our own women and children they maybe in danger because of the sudden media change. where do you stand?

MinnieMoni

Asked by MinnieMoni at 10:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think sometimes we push the envelope so much with television, it gets to be a bit too much. If we watch TV at night, it's almost as if we have to make sure our kids are completely asleep and don't come down for even a glass of water, between the crime show commercials that tend to be grotesque, the bleeping and language everywhere, and now nudity? The problem is not what they want now, it's what comes next, what is acceptable two years from now, three, four. At some point we'll look back at Showtime and laught that we thought it was so risque compared to probably what our kids will watch on network TV when they're adults.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think for cable such as HBO is fine. most cable boxes have parental controls.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well, baby butts represent all that is sweet and innocent. Adult butts tend to be sexual in nature.
    I don't fully understand the argument of this being unsafe for women and children, however, I do think that national television doesn't need some man's or woman's bare butt showing for the world to see.
    I say that because some people wouldn't be cool with that at all, and national tv shouldn't invade a person's right not to see some big hairy keester blasted in their face.
    At least that's how I see it. *shrug*
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nudity is not a problem for me but I hate vulgar language and violence
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think it would be better for everyone if things that people do in private were left off tv. Everything could be done tastefully and we would still get the message.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think if we were more open and accepting about sex we would have a lot fewer pervs to be afraid of.

I'm for 100% allowable nudity. it's a body. It is not inherently sexual, it is what you make it. You sit on your butt a lot more than you use it for sex, and you use your hands for sex and don't have to cover them. It's silly when you strip away the social stigma.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011