my lil girls finger

got shut in the door it got her right between the fingers not on the bone but in the middle between 2 fingers on the skin on side it turned purple and swelled but i moved it around she didnt cry she actually didnt cry that long should i take her in for xrays or anything?i felt so horrible still do and worried?bf said it aint broken or shed still be crying and also when i moved she would cry too?

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 11:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if your pediatrician has hours on saturdays, call for an opinion in the morning. if not, monitor it over the weekend and if it seems to be giving her problems, call them on monday to be seen.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'd call her doctor and make sure everything is ok!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It sounds like she'll be fine. It's horrible when something like that happens. My dd accidentally got her fingers stuck in the car door,..just as I shut the door she decided she wanted something last minute, and it was one of those you can't stop. She was fine. If it's just the skin that got caught she'll be fine. If you're worried about, most docs have the nurses line for after hours, call and see what they think. I honestly don't think it's anything to worry about.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Accidents happen. Keep an eye on it. If you think something is really wrong take her to the ER if necessary. If something is really wrong, I think she will let you know about it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Does your insurance have an advice line? I would call them and see what they say. I have Kaiser and they have a 24/7 advice line. Even if I think something is minor, I call them...they probably have my number memorized by now. lol

I just like the peace of mind of talking to a professional.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011