Questions about potty training. dd 3 1/2

So, dd who is 3 1/2 is FINALLY willing to sit on the potty or have anything to do with the potty for that matter! lol
So, next step....how do I show her how to wipe properly....getting all the "junk" off effectively?????
Then....
At what point do they stop wetting the bed? What do I need to do to push the waking up at night so she can go potty?...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have u tried the training pants that provide the "cool feeling"?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• the only way to teach wiping properly is by example, keep toilet wipes or baby wipes in the bathroom (maybe?.....not sure, my son is 2.5 and not trained yet either).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is what i did.... I bought a timer, step stool, and let her pick out her own undies. I set the timer for 25-30 mins and when it went off, she pushed the button to make it stop and we went potty. The reward for peeing was 5 cents and for pooping was 25 cents... Ifs he has an accident (pees) you still take her to the bathroom and make her try but then after that you take 5 cents away.. at the end of the week you count up the reward and let her pick out a toy at the store but continue to remind her that it is b/c she went potty! But the biggest thing with potty training is being the bigger person- Don't ask her if she has to go potty- Tell her she needs to go potty.... That is just my opinion. Good luck, It is frustrating but hang in there.... it will come to her. Oh and don't put her back in undies even at night time b/c it will just confuse her. Once you go to undies DON'T go back!
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 11:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• truthteller......I tried those pants and they totally don't phase her at all...lol ugh! If I put anything "diaper" like on her, she just pees and poops in them and doesn't go to the potty or let anyone know :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you put her in undies and she pees, don't clean her up right away. Let her feel the wetness and she won't like it
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 11:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My DD just turned 3, she's been potty trained for about 6months now. I still make her let me wipe after a BM as I just feel she's not ready. When we decided to potty train she went into undies during the day and we would make her try and go every couple of hours (she pretty much went on her own with out much prompting as she was ready). In the beginning I introduced a rewards chart, every time she went potty she got a sticker, when she got 7 stickers she got the quarter taped at teh end of the row. If she pooped in the potty I had "special" rewards that she got to choose (picnic at teh park, meal at a restaraunt, go out for ice cream, trip to the zoo, movie from the movie store, etc.) I haven't tackled night time training yet, at night I just put her into a pull-up. Sorry not much help there.
    Stacie03

Answer by Stacie03 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• As far as the night time training goes, what I did with my ds is I put him in a pullup and made him go to the bathroom right before bed. Also cut off liquids at least 2 hours before bed. First thing in the morning he was put on the potty. It took a fe months but he slowly bcame 100% dry overnight. I wouldn't advise letting a 3 yr old wipe herself/himself....too young.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2011