Annoyed by people who seem oblivious in lines?

I have to admit that I get extremely annoyed by people who are in a line: at the post office, or bank, or grocery store, or a drive-through restaurant--who after they have been served just stand/sit there and organize their change, checkbook, purse, food items, bags of grocery, etc. while everyone else is still waiting to be served. Are they totally unconscious? Stupid? Unbelievably self-centered? Numb? Can't they just pull ahead or move to the side and do their interminable organizing?

Does it bother you also?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 11:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm you would probably hate being behind my niece as she places her stuff on the conveyor.

She places everything on the conveyor, and places everything just so....not facing a certain way, but all in little lines like they were canned soldiers waiting to get scanned in and beeped! Then the boxed items, then the salad bags, then the potato chips..then the jars of things.... That even irks me when I take her.......good lord...just place your crap up on the conveyer and help bag this stuff and move the line....keep it moving people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Yep.....my niece is a bit off.....thank god she has a credit card to slide thru.....no money to worry about exchanging hands and having to count change...........whew!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sometimes I need like ONE second to put my shit away, thanks.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I must be the person that makes you upset... I also need to put my stuff back before I pick up and go
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 11:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Are you the same one who is behind me and rolls their eyes when they see me taking out my checkbook and taking like 2 seconds longer to write out a check.?
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have been known to do this, and my thoughts are not on the people standing behind me, but on the four kids standing/walking around in front of me.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• OMG my husband does this !!! I have to yell at him all the time because he just doesnt understand or something... we will be in line with 50 ppl behind us and after we are done he stands there, counts the money, puts it back with the other money in his wallet and then counts all of it, then has to fix it just right in his wallet... then has to check all the bags to make sure we got everything ( even though i already check) .... and then he will say " OK LETS GO !"

2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That doesn't bother me AS MUCH ... Though it does get my goat. What bothers me more are people who are oblivious that it's their turn and just stand there talking, gawking, or whatever while everyone waits behind them. As well as people in the isles of stores who stand there gabbing, or leave their cart in the middle of the isle and walk away. Some people honestly have no awareness of those around them and seriously just are in their own world.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think most of these people just weren't taught to be conscious about how their presence in society affects others...I want to punch them...or maybe kick them out of the way. I have a big mouth though, so I usually say something.

Having a child has forced me to tame my mouth though because I don't want my son mouthing off to people...I have learned an immense amount of self control in the last 3 years. lol
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I say they are just oblivious to others. Yes it bothers me too.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It depends on the day. Sometimes I'm patient and could care less how long someone takes in front of me, other times for a myriad of reasons, I'm just not in the mood for it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011