Have a lot of groups disbanded lately?

I havent been on some in a while and went ot check in, and like half my groups are missing. I do know that if you are not active some groups will automatically delete you. I'm fine with that, but a friendly warning message could have been sent. I went to the directory to see if I could find my groups again and I don't see them listed. Is Cm cleaning house?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 11:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in About CafeMom

• CM has been rather slow for quite some time now so I am sure the group owners are just shutting down, there is no point in having a ghost town of a group! Don't take it personal though!
    xMs.Boss.Divax

Answer by xMs.Boss.Divax at 11:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I know for me personally, some groups I have joined had a disclaimer stating that if I was not active in posting within x amount of days I would be removed from the group. But I have received a warning before hand with some in the past and others have just removed me.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The average life of a group is only a few months. That is usually when the GO realizes it's hard work to keep it going and just gives up and either leaves it to rot or asks to have it closed. CM doesn't usually delete groups unless they are asked by the GO and if they did they have their hands full with the thousands of groups that no one has joined at all over the years. If you are bumped from the group, due to inactive status you will usually get a warning of some kind first. I say usually because there are times when the system doesn't send them. If a group closes down, it's just gone no warning at all.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Groups are really the last place I visit, if ever. Only one of mine has gone by the wayside, but the rest seem to be going strong.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You should get a warning if you are being pulled from a group. There isn't a lot of activity in a lot of groups. People are in here and they are playing the games and what not so a lot of groups are shutting down due to inactivity
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011