My dh said to cut my hair bald?

The other day I was bitching about my hair not coming out the way I wanted it so then I gave up we were going to do some errands that day he says let's go! I am like hwhat on my hair is acting up I step out to meet him he's like damn your hair looks bad he said this bc my hair is thinning and I was trying to cover the thin spots he just made me feel worse he says just shave your head bald and start wearing a wig...omg I just started to cry for awhile then I said the heck with this c'mon let's go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Aw! I'm so sorry! I am going out on a limb and thinking he may not have meant it in a mean way. It's possible he was letting you know that he would be okay with that option if you wanted to do it. Men can be so insensitive and foot-in-mouth. Have you asked him what exactly he meant by that?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yeah, he might've meant that with a wig, you wouldn't have the problem anymore (hair not behaving)..you know men, they only use one tool at a time, and its never their brain.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He's probably frustrated with u feeling bad about ur hair. But u know my hair is thinning and my hair stylists recommended a shampoo. Starts w an N--- I haven't gotten it yet cuz it's pricey but he said it worked on him!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nioxin
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would tell my DH to shut the hell up and probably throw on a hat. I did have to go through chemo treatments and lost my hair so I do have 3 really nice wigs to choose from but my hair has all grown back now but sometimes I wear them for fun. I guess it depends on how much your hair is thinning and you don't have to shave it to wear a wig if you want to go that route.
    KiaC

Answer by KiaC at 12:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm sure he was frustrated for you, but it came out wrong :( Try not to put so much effort in to making your hair perfect for a while.. don't wash it every day, don't use heat or too much product..
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 4:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• what an ahole I would have punched him.... so sorry hon, dont shave your head be proud of what you have and flaunt it. :) you will be beautiful thin hair or thick
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011