I need some real encouraging words.....

My son is in the military and is deployed to Iraq and leaving tomorrow morning. I am so worried. Please give me some words of encouragement because I feel so sad. All I do is worry, cry, worry and cry some more. I love him so much. He is only 20. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• hugs

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• he's doing what he feels he needs to do for his country, OP. be proud he wants to serve the US and its citizen. not everyone is cut out to be a soldier. if his heart is really in it, he'll be a fine specimen and an excellent source of strenght to you, knowing he's being what he want to be.
    love him, and hold him in your heart while he's gone..make sure he knows you love him. he's not going to disneyland, so he needs to know you're ok with this. otherwise, he'll be distracted. be strong, mama..be proud of your son! as they say, he's leaving as a boy, but he'll come back as a man. (i think that's who its worded.)
    there's groups on CM for spouses/family members of deployed-military. check them out, and talk to someone else in your shoes..it will help encourage you!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• (oh holy cow..the typos!!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't have kids that old yet, but my son is close-- he is 17 and will be out of school next year. I can not imagine sending him off ....... My prayers are with you and your son. I pray God will keep His Loving Arms around him and keep your son safe from any harm. May God keep his fears at bay and surround him with His Spirt and Peace ! I know the Power of His Wings covering me with His protection. I know He can do the same for you and your son. May the Lord bring your son back home safe. Rejoice in the day he will return to you. Keep your eyes on the Lord until that day and know He will do it. Blessings upon you and your son!
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 11:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think dullscissors said it very well. I will send you a big hug and prayers for his safety. I think what you're feeling is very normal, Mom.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I realize that someone going being deployed is going to fight for our country. But he's also fighting for our freedom's and our safety. Find a prayer online for a guardian angel to watch over him while he is there. It won't hurt anything, and it may even make you feel better.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• May I send you a message with one of my favorite bible verses? I think it suits soldiers very well. It may help you to make a copy to send with your son, & a copy to keep at home so you can read it & know that your son is protected.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If you want support there are groups here on CM with Military Moms in similar situations who know exactly what you mean. My son came close to deploying and as most Moms,I panicked and started thnking all kinds of things. Just know that our military is topnotch and train very hard for their missions. Find a support group close to you or an FRG. Talk to your pastor,someone not connected in any way to your situation. All the things u are going thru are normal and it does get easier. If you need some groups,drop me a PM. Take care and just know there are many Moms like you. Hugs
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 5:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My heart goes out to you mom, just have faith that he will be ok and pray a lot.

Answer by older at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• child is blessing from god from moment he is place in our arms
    we promise that we watch over them
    we teach them right from wrong and to help others in need
    god would not want you to worry because you where blessed with greats gift ever
    so he will be watching your son when he leaves but your love will be with you and him
    be brave your son know's how you feel but deep down he needs to help other's
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011