How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Between the time I go to bed and the time I wake up it's about a 6 hour stretch, but during that time I get woken up at least 1 time, if not 2 times by my 5 month old, 2-3 times by my 3 1/2 year old and 1 time by at least one of my twin boys.....I would say I get about 4 hours a night in total. I am tired all day long....I don't get much done either.
So how long do you get to sleep at night? Does it affect your mood during the day? How do you get everything you need to done, but go to bed early enough to get a restful night???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I get about...5 or 6 hours. If I can I take a short nap during the day. Sleeping in is an unrealistic thing that MAYbe I'll get to experience again once DS is a teenager LOL.
    Anonymous

• I get about 4-6 hours of sleep a night. If I would not stay up so late I would be much better lol! This is my quiet time and time to relax so I savor the moment !!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• 8-9 hours and I nap 1-2 hours most days. I have a lovely husband that handles nights with my 4 yr old. Also my 4 yr old still likes to nap.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• DH works 2nd and I stay up to greet him, spend time with him, and go to bed when he does, so I go to bed around 2am. I have to read a little or else I can't sleep, so I lay there awake until at least 2:30. My sons, almost 3 and 4, wake around 7:30. So at the very most I get 5 hours a night. That's a good night.
    That is, if I don't have trouble zonking out and read for longer, and if I don't sleep restlessly, which is very common for me since I quit smoking.
    I just try to keep moving all day. Blood flowing keeps me going. Then I get on here and answer questions after the kids are in bed, and/or chat with my mom via messenger. That keeps me going on my second wind.
    About mid-week I'm really dragging tail, but I get through that, too.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I could get between 10 and 13 every night, although I choose to stay up a couple nights a week (like tonight for example) and play /partake of a few alcoholic beverages. My son is almost 2.5 and has always been a champion sleeper, lucky for me (that was my main worry when I was prego, that I would not get enough sleep and be bitchy all day long). But lucky for me, my boy loves to sleep just as much as his mama! straight 10-13 hours every single night since he was around 5 months and before that only woke me once a night for a few ounces of formula and a diaper change and immediately went right back to sleep!!!! I have only had one sleepless night with him in 2.5 years, and he was in the hospital super ill with the flu.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• 9-10 hours. i put my 5 month old to bed between 10 and 11 and she wakes up at 8:30
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I get between 5 and 6 hours every night. Mostly it depends on how often DS wakes up in the night.
    Stacie03

Answer by Stacie03 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• about 4 or 5 hours
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 11:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• between 3-5 and still get waken up most nights atleast once. and atleast once a week theres a night i get NO sleep. mornings are always rough for me.. kids get up between 6-8 and i usually lay around in a stuppor till 10...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Anywhere from 0-12 lol. It depends on the night and what happened that day and what I have to do the next day.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011