I Can't Feel Her Kicking Yet

I'm so frustrated! I'm about 21 and a half weeks pregnant, and I can't feel my daughter kicking yet. My husband and I know she' s moving around - a lot - in there. She doesn't like to cooperate with ultrasound techs or the electronic stethoscope, lol. I'm just worried that I'll never feel it and miss out on it. Has anyone else been "late?" It's supposed to happen between 18-20 weeks. If you felt it later on, how far along were you? It's something I want to experience ...

KatieBatey

Asked by KatieBatey at 11:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've heard that it is usually 18-22, so you stil have a little time. While it's true that some women never feel their babies kick, that's usually because of an odd placenta placement, which they would have told you about already.

Don't worry, pretty soon she'll be using your bladder as a trampline while you're trying to sleep! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I didn't feel anything until about 22 weeks. It was soooo frustrating to see him moving around during the ultrasound, but i couldn't feel a thing!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i didnt feel my baby move until 21 weeks, and i was so impatient i felt like i would never feel it. i just couldnt imagine it happening and felt like it was unfair that i couldnt enjoy that like everyone else but it just happened to start one day. i think the doctors dont worry about it unless ur 22 weeks and stiill not feeling it
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I could feel the flutter feeling really early.. and then small kicks here and there... But she wasn't strong enough for my husband to feel until 23 weeks... its possible your baby just wants to kick you while your sleeping... you definitely won't miss out on anything
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Dont worry. I talked to my friend who is like 28 weeks pregnant the other day and she said she just started feeling her baby kick. She said it was more like the baby was pushing through her ribs. She said it was kinda painfull but at least she can finally feel it! I guess its just different for everyone.
    CarleeDalene

Answer by CarleeDalene at 11:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I felt my daughter kick for the first time at 25 weeks. It could be that baby is kicking you and you think its gas. =o)
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 11:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think the first time I felt her kick was around 23-24 weeks. Then my boyfriend was able to finally feel her around 28-29 weeks. The first time I felt her I was laying on the couch and there it was, it was amazing. Don't worry Mama she will kick in her own time. Like the PP said you could think its gas, easily mistakable early on!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Are you a first time mother? with my first i didn't think i felt it but i really was, when It got harder i realized that i had been feeling it for a while
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I felt my daughter kick first when i was 22 weeks...and by 24 or 25 her dad could feel her too...it just happened over night...you wont miss it i promise! gas bubbles cant even compare!
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well at least you feel your baby moving that's good instead of not moving around. well it's getting there to where she is going to kick. wait for couple week off. she well kick more and more.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 1:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008