What's your favorite Pagan/Heathen/Witchcraft book?

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Wicca Bible.

I'm not Wiccan, just Eclectic, but i liked it's simple format and found it to be a good starting point in my pagan path. Also, Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin :)

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am really enjoying Solitary Wicca for Life; Arin Murphy-Hiscock

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's difficult to choose! I have the Encyclopedia of 5,000 Spells and have found it really interesting. One of my favorite sites is a forum called and they have a LOT of information on there in different categories.

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• MINE TOOO Tam. The encyclopedia of 5000 spells is my go to reference book. I may not use it verbatim but it is a great starting point.

Answer by pnwmom at 2:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The Way of Four by Deborah Lipp

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Ive had several that I liked, including Wicca:Guide to the Solitary Practitioner, books by Patricia Telesco.

I have fun with the spells in this book I have...crapola cant recall the name. Has to do with Old Ladies spells or something like that. Its pretty cool.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The Witches' Goddess: The Feminine Principle of Divinity + The Witches' God: Lord of the Dance

by Stewart and Janet Farrar

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• LOL I have it, too. It's SO handy when I want to write a spell for something but I have no idea where to start (I hate those mind going blank moments so bad!), but I also only use it as a reference. I use Silver's Solitary a lot for reference, also. I don't think I could pick one book at this point. I recently got three Budapest books (Grandmother of Time, Grandmother Moon and The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries today) and I'm loving them even though I'm less than 20 pages into any of them. I have the Encyclopedia of Spirits (also by Judika Illes, like 5,000 Spells) and it's helpful for reference. I have so many that I really like lol. I'm really babbling now. Definitely time for bed lol.

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Favorite Reference Books - This is one of the pages from the link I gave earlier.  It lists favorite references books of several people on that forum, myself included.

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011