In your opinion, is it rude of me to tell my babysitter not to bring her nephew when she babysits at my house?

We have a woman who babysits my youngest dd at my house 4 days per week. After she started, she asked if she could bring another girl. Then, she started to home school her 9 y/o nephew and asked if she could bring him too. I agreed to give it a try. Well, it turns out that he plays video games all day and plays on the computer while he is here. There is a bunch of things that upset my older daughter and so I had to address it. i basically told her we appreciate her and want her to continue watching our dd but we feel that he should stay home with his mom and do his schooling there because there are too many distractions here at our house. I feel bad but at the same time, he shouldn't be hanging out here playing all day instead of being in school or studying. His mother doesn't work and she is home all day so childcare isn't an isse. I'd love to hear other opinions. am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Your home, your rules. You pay her for watching your kids, not someone else's.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Um, no.

Your house. Your rules.
    She is there to babysit YOUR child, not everyone else.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sounds like your right to me.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 12:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Absolutely agree with sleepingbeauty!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You're the boss, you call the shots.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 12:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's perfectly acceptable and appropriate to tell her you aren't comfortable with the situation as it is. You feel she's spread too thinly and it isn't how you want your house run. Tough chat to have but you should. You even warned her with saying you'd "try" this.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011