Should this be an issue???? Pregnant and in a wedding in 3 months

So, my hubby and I are so excited that we are expecting. I'm about 4 weeks pregnant and I'm in a wedding in March. Based on my last 2 pregnancies, i will have a baby bump by then. We already ordered our dresses (haven't received it tho) and I'm not sure if I should tell the bride first or call the dress store and work out arrangements with them. Then I can tell the bride so she doesn't have any stress over the dress not fitting. Whatcha think?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If you have had complications before, I'd certainly say it would be fine to wait a couple more weeks. Just because you're going to be in a wedding doesn't mean you have to tell her about it before you'd normally inform everyone.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Call the bride... Let her know... No one like surprises? Especially a Bride!!!
    MommyOf3InATL

Answer by MommyOf3InATL at 12:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm going to guess everyone will have to go through the tailoring process anyway, so call the store, let them know you'll have to hold off on your fitting until nearer the wedding, then inform the bride of what's going on. Congrats!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I will be 6 months pregnant at my sister's wedding but she already knows that I'm pregnant so she's being very nice about the dress she is picking for me. :) I would tell the bride so that she knows and isn't caught off guard.
    KiaC

Answer by KiaC at 12:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Hell no! Dood for you mama!!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Depends-- were you planning to tell everyone this early on that you are pregnant? How much will you be showing? If not much, and the dress is forgiving in that middle, then I don't think you have much to worry about. If you're going to be showing a lot, and thd dress is skin-tight... then you might want to let her know so she can take that into consideration when she picks out the dresses.

CONGRATS!! on your new little one!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Do you think its wrong to wait a couple more weeks? I've had complications before... my last pregnancy ended at 8 weeks.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Hey Mommy-2-B "Congrads," If your in an wedding it would seem you must have some sort of close connection to the bride & groom. I would be honest up front and let the bride know. She'd have a little more time to try to fix it instead of waiting at the last minute when things get more hectic as the wedding day approaches.
    tulipskiss311

Answer by tulipskiss311 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes tell her . if i was in her shoes i would want to know.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i'd call the bride first and let her know the dealy'o.... i'm sure you guys can figure something out and then call the bridal shop and see what they can do allterations are always avalible.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011