My daughter has a misshaped head....

She is 15 months old now & i was wondering do they usually outgrow this? It's not dramatic but if you were looking for it you would notice. Has anyone else had a child with this?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes my dd had a small flatness to her head I asked the dr. and he said it's the way she was always laying on that side..well as time went by I tried to change her position eventually her head became normal so don't worry too much bc remember a baby's head is still soft and as they are growing it hardens.GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Talk to her doctor. They make helmets for kids to reshape their skulls.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• How is it misshapped?
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sexyfancyface-Its hard to explain but it's not really even...one side is more pointed to the right in the back.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My son's head is like that, and it seems like as his hair grows in it's less noticeable.....so hopefully once your daughter's hair grows in some more it'll hide it? I don't believe you can do anything that wouldn't require surgery on her skull.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• id ask her dr if you are truly worried about it they do make helments to reshape childrens sculls. They are usually used in kids who were born as multiples as they have less room in the uterus so they attended to have squished heads but it can happen to any child depending on how they were laying or even depends on how you were laying her down as a baby. if she spent to much time on one side or another.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011