Is itching all over normal in pregnancy?

TTCchica

Asked by TTCchica at 12:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• Yes, use lots of lotion.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• lol-- i've learned that all kinds of weird stuff happens when you're pregnant.

I recall i itched quite a bit-- particularly around my belly. It was as if the kid was sucking everything out of me-- including the moisture in my skin!

Try using some Amlactin-- it's a medicated lotion with a high concentration of alpha hydroxy acid. it causes your skin to exfoliate quickly, so it can regenrate faster. I thought it was great, and I still use it.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• o.o' yeah happen to me with my second it really sucked
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes. Make sur eyou are getting enough water. Mild dehydration usually shows up as dry skin. Make sure you are using a soap that is more natural to aleviate some of the itching too. Otherwise use lotion... that itching isn't likely to go away soon.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Thanks, all good advice. where do I get the Amlactin? At CVS , Walgreens? =)
    TTCchica

Comment by TTCchica (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011