Does anyone know of any programs for housing for single mothers in IL??

I'm a single mother living in IL. I'm trying to find a low income housing program for me and my son who is 7 mos old. Or if you dont know of any, do you know where I can figure out where I can find these??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You dont have like a illinois housing? Federally funded program. Contact your local health and welfare department they should be able to tell you also look in newspaper for apartments and call them a few should be income based, they will tell you.
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Depends on where you live in Illinois. I'm in Marseilles, which is about 90 miles southwest of Chicago. There is the public housing authority, section 8, and their are programs through tricounty as well. There are a lot of programs out there, you just have to start calling around and asking. Good luck!
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2008