hello i need help

well i had my baby girl on july 14 and a week later my scar opened up amd took longer for it to heal well now its been 4 months and i still have pain somtimes lots of pain where i need to take motrin for i told my doc and she says im still healing oh and last month i had a 3 week period mind you it was the first one since i had my baby and no im not breastfeeding has this happend to anyone else or should i get a new doc please help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• I wish I knew more about your situation, but I've never had a surgery or the like before. What I do know is that you should listen to your doctor; it's why he/she went to college. However, if you have concerns (which you obviously do), you should get a second opinion. It can't hurt - worse comes to worse, you just get the same answer. You can ask your current doctor or insurance company for a referral to someone else. Just let your current doctor know that you just need to put your mind at ease and get that second opinion. Besides, second opinions are better than trips to the ER. Good luck to you, and I hope it gets better soon.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Get a new DR......So had c-section in July.....(4 months ago) and if your inscision had ripped open at one time you could possibly have a infection inside...be safe not sorry get second opinion!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've never had a c-section but 4 months sounds like a long time to heal. Most women are back at work within that time- after a c-section. I would be scared about an infection and would demand to have a second opinion.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I work as a nurse with patients who have had abdominal surgeries (not c-sections- but incisions in the same area and all....) The body does take a while to heal the wound- but most of our patients are not still having incisional pain 4 months later. How does your would look from the outside? Does it look healed at the surface? It does take longer to heal inside than how it looks outside- but 4 months is a long time. Is your skin red or warm to the touch in the area where you have pain? I would think you should probably go for a second opinion just to make sure everything is okay and to put your mind at ease.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008