If you could choose the sex of your baby, would you?

momma2JD

Asked by momma2JD at 11:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• No, believe that God will give u what u need, it might not be what u want but he knows what u can handle.
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• NO WAY! That's up to God, and He knows what we need better than we know ourselves!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Meh, I'd rather leave it up to chance.

But that doesn't mean I'm not incredible thrilled to be getting my girl first! I would've been disappointed with a boy, but happy nonetheless =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If I had that money to spare I probably wouldn't...I just don't care whether I get a girl or a boy so long as it's a happy and healthy baby. But I don't chastise others who would...to each their own...who knows...maybe if I had half a dozen girls or so, I might want a boy that badly.

...so far as it being up to God (or in my case the gods), I believe that if "God" gave us the intelligence and know-how to create genetic counseling and gender selection, what's the harm in doing it? After all, we are just using our God given talents to make others happy. I don't know how that would bother Him in any way.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I wouldn't personally. My husband and I were desperate for a boy, but we're having a girl. We were a little disappointed at first, but now we're going bonkers with joy for our little girl (although still trying to work around pink, lol). If other people were to choose, I wouldn't mind. It's their personal decision, I suppose. I'm sure they would have their reasons.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• well, I would go to a scientist and let them "play" KWIM?

But I would try the natural method which is timing of the fertilization. I've read studies about how sperm that makes girls swims slower but lives longer so you'd have sex a day or so before ovulation, and boy sperm swim faster but die sooner so you'd have sex the day after ovulation.

it's still chance but a little better timing
    Anonymous

• I mean...wouldn't that be like saying... well...I have cancer. Instead of using the scientific processes that humans created (thanks to God-given intellect) to battle and quite possibly cureme, I'll just let God have his way and die without a fight.

Makes no sense. It's like that joke about the guy on the roof of his house during a  flood who kept refusing aid because he said God would take care of him. When he died and went to heaven, he asked God why he didn't save him. God replied "I sent you three boats and a helicopter you idiot...what more did you want?"

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• no thats weird i rather just get preggo the good ole fashon way and whatever God gives me as long as its healthy :)
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• As much as I would love a little boy after my two little girls- I could not pick the gender of my baby. To me, not only is that not my place to choose that, but I would spend my whole life wondering if my choice would have been the same as Gods or if I messed up his plans for that child by picking different....
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• No. It doesn't matter what I have. I would love either.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008