what smell brings back memories of your childhood?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Tide...my grandma used to do all her laundry in Tide and it makes me think of her.

Those little white flowers that look like little cups...they are weeds, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way they smell. I used to pick them in our front yard and smell the crap out of them. lol

And leather because I was raised around horses, so it reminds me of a tack room.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My mamas yeast rolls...they always filled up the house with such a pleasant smell. I miss her cooking.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Worn in leather and diesel (actually jet fuel). That was teh smell that meant that Daddy was home. He was military and would be gone weeks at a time but I could wake up and smell that all the way upstairs when he would take his boots off and I knew he was home. Also the smell of hot tar/ new pavement, it smells like airshows to me. Hte heat rolling off the tarmac. But I wasn't a daddy's girl or anything Lol.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• finger paints - my mom kept them on the top shelf of a tall yellow cabinet and I loved those things!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• nutmeg and cinnamon. My grandmother had a spice cabinet and that's the smells I remember when she was cooking.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• fresh corn, pop rocks, cinnamon toast
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 9:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• playdoh and crayons
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Saw dust and honey suckle.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011