Im 38 weeks pregnant. Last night.....

I went to the bathroom. When I wipe there was this clear jelly stuff on the thing. I was informed it was beginning of my mucus plug. Well I was walking alot today. I had maybe one contraction today. But now my lower back is constantly hurting n my stomach has been hard like a rock last couple hours. Is this the start of labor?

AlaskanGrown05

Asked by AlaskanGrown05 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Possibly. I would wait a while before going in though. They will just send you back home. My doc gave me specific criteria to meet prior to going in, follow those and you will be fine.

HOW EXCITING!!!! :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, this is the beginning. If you not having full on contractions yet, take some time now, shower, eat something(if you can), and get some rest. Your going to need your strength. Good luck and congrats!

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 2:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sleep. If it is labor you will wake up and then you can go to the hospital.

Good luck and HAPPY PUSHING.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Doesn't sound like it.
    Eventually though!
    :-)
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011