Searching For Recipe

I have been trying to find this recipe since I was like 12, but don't know anyone that might know what it is or how to make it...

It is filled with mashed potatoes and peas and is deep fried. I believe the outside was kind of like pot pie breading in texture...or maybe like a turnover breading.

I want to say that it was Indian in origination, but I am not sure. It was one of the tastiest things ever and I have never had anything like it since.

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 3:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Here is a link for the Samosa's ...really sounds good. I've had them before with chicken.

http://www.samosa-recipe.com/Samosa_Pastry.html

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i googled its filled with mashed potatoes and peas and its deep fried and gave me ome other stuff from like indian resturants, 1 place has them as crispy fried platter with mashed potatoes and peas with spices, now im getting hungry and want sum. lol
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 3:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• wow soounds good but no idea what it is but maybe if you can remeber where you ate it mght kinda give you a hint on what type of food it is, ill try searching online ill let you know what i come up with
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Unfortunately some lady mom knew through work years ago used to make them and would bring them in for her to take home for us. So, I don't even know what the lady looked like that made them. I appreciate the help Snavarro08. :)
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 3:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• no problem i found some pages of fried mashed potatoes looks like a pancake and some other one where they shape them like balls adn stuff the with cheese, peas, carrots whatever you like
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 3:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• hmmm...Where did you find them?
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 3:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• in one link to mr india resturants they are called samosa and cost 3.95 for 2 lol
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 3:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• let me know if you found them and if they were wat you were looking for
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sounds like a cornish pasty from the UK........let me check round......I will find pics...
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

•  is it like this? I know they can be filled with meats, potatoes and veggies

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2011