How long did you use your baby monitors?

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 3:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• DS is 3 and DD is 5, and we still use one. And our room is RIGHT next to theirs. But we often sleep with the door closed, sometimes have the fan on, tv on, in the summer the AC on, and would not be able to hear them without one.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• never used one!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have a two story house and my son's room is upstairs. He can't get to us if we are downstairs in the front room (because of gates) so I still use the monitors. I just wanted to know how long I will be using them...lol
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 3:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Only when I have to do something in the other room! For about 2 yrs now
    Drayad

Answer by Drayad at 3:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i use mine more NOW than when she was a baby..shes 6yrs old now..i had to move back in with my parents, because of a promotion i got at work..which also makes me be at work at 5am everyday..lol..and being a single mom, i needed someone here to be with my daughter(obviously) for when i go to work..and it works perfect, because my daughter and i have everything we need down stairs..and my parents live upstairs..so, when i go to work, i turn on the baby monitor so my mom can hear it up where she is..
    wishinforlove

Answer by wishinforlove at 3:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It depends on YOUR comfort level. Three years ago, we moved into our house. The master bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the other bedrooms. I have a developmentally delayed child, now 11. We bought monitors so that we could hear if he needed our help in the middle of the night, as he could get sick in the middle of the night and not get up to tell us.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Never used any. But if we buy the house we're looking at, I'll have to invest in at least one - and my youngest is almost 4.
    Anonymous

• Don't have one. Haven't had one since our 3rd was about 7 months. Never used one for our 4yo or our almost 6mo.
    Used it in #1's room until #2 moved into his room across the hall at 6 months. At that time she was 21 months. The monitor was good enough to pick up her yelling in her room even with both doors shut. And then it stayed in there until #3 was 7 months. At that time the other 2 were 20 months and almost 3. Haven't used one since. And back then the 3 kids slept downstairs and our room was upstairs and we always sleep with doors shut.
    It was never an issue with the younger 2 since we lived in a small apartment and now a small house. Plus with all these other people in the house there is always someone to hear the baby if he is crying.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011