After years of marriage, you become mommy/daddy all the time, how to throw in more "fun"

Any of you that have been married for years and have kids know what this is. We are so comfortable with each other and relaxed, we know one another so well and in turn know what to expect. It is hard to really surprise each other now because we can read the other so well. We used to hit up dance clubs all the time and have crazy sexual moments after haha. We were carefree and did some spontaneous things. Now we are mommy/daddy all the time, we are affectionate with each other and have sex regularly, possibly more frequent than some couples. We have our ups and downs like anyone else and stupid arguments, but we always get over it. So the marriage is not in trouble, but I would like to have one of those fun woo hooo times again with him, just let it all go for a little bit, no responsibilities, forget that we are getting older lol.He hit 30 this year and I hit 26, so not old but getting older heh. We are major homebodies as well. I need a good date idea, something that would be fun and allow for flirty moments. Going to a club sounds so clique I was hoping to come up with something different although it might have to be the case. Any ideas? It can be daytime or evening oriented date, just not all night long cause we do have to pay a babysitter :-P

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Hi Get Excited & Stay Excited!! I completely understand where you are coming from!! I can say you are not alone... many women or couples find themselves in the same situation... "where did all the fun go". I recommend writing down a list of activities you guys like to do or places you like to go as a starting point then pick something to do once a week. This way you have a variety... like go to the movies, go for a long drive somewhere, rent a room at a resort and relax & have fun together, go see a good show, go to a beach and take a walk, have a picnic somewhere you've never been... I don't know what your interests are so its kind of hard to guide you.... those are just suggestions. I'm connected w/ a dynamic group of women, men, & life coaches... I just started a group here on CM called Empowered Women to help women in all areas of your life and one of the new members asked me in an email a similar question. ~Blessings
    blessed2behome

Answer by blessed2behome at 4:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with the above poster ↑
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011