My son is a picky eatter any thoughts?

Drayad

Asked by Drayad at 4:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep offering anything and everything! You may offer it a hundred times, and then one day he will eat it and love it! Fix a good and healthy variety of food at every meal. If he doesn't want any of it, that's fine, but he has to wait for the next meal to eat again. My kids have all learned that they don't get 'special' food if they don't like something. They don't starve! :) They usually eat a good amount at the very next meal.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• give him what you give him, if he does eat, he's hungry till the next meal. they'll eat when theyre hungry.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Just keep trying, eventually he'll pick it up accidentally if nothing else! lol
    foxy420_1

Answer by foxy420_1 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My DD is the exact same way! I just keep trying I know its hard but just hang in there!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Don't let him be - don't give in to him. Put his meals in front of him - good meals that you are eating, not meals made up of whatever you know he'll eat.
    Anonymous

• The air-o-tarian phase! They all go through it. First, make sure that he is drinking water, so he doesn't set dehydrated.
    Most important, do not create a monster who only eats nuggets, mac and cheese and hot dogs.
    Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, and eventually he will start eating.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011