How do i fall asleep?

My SO works nights from 3pm to 2am. So I'm here with the kids and pregnant all night and it is hard to go to sleep without him here. But he gets home then we are up for another hour or so and the kids get up at 7:30 so I dont get much sleep and I'm 3owks pregnant not to mention I dont have energy throughout the day. Any tips on how to help me fall asleep soon after the kids do so I can get more rest...

By the way the reason i cant fall asleep is because I get scared being home alone at night with the kids and being pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I fall asleep easier in the recliner with a movie playing. It feels safer for some reason, and the TV drowns out any strange nighttime noises.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Maybe sleep with the dog? Or if you don't have one get one? Or a cat... Or sleep with the kids for a while
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i agree sleeping with the tv can create a sense of security..
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We rent and we cant have animals inside but we do have 2 dogs outside. They are BIG dogs though.
    The tv thing used to work but now with me being pregnant she keeps me awake too with the kicks. and not being able to getcomfy.
    Anonymous

• When I was at the end of my pregnancy the recliner was just about the only place I could sleep! lol. I would wad up a lap blanket and put it uner my head, then a pillow under my feet on the foot rest, and curl up with my favorite quilt and sleep like a baby. My sciatic pain was so bad that laying flat was torture.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• music, yeah woman gets to tend to do everything when they are even pregnant and already have other kids. anways work out your schedules.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 1:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008