If you somehow found out...

That some commonly held belief my millions of people (for centuries) was totally false, would you keep it to yourself? Tell someone in authority (with proof of course)?

It has the potential to be historically and socially altering (on a global scale) and change how people viewed things they held as truth for so long. Yet the evidence you found is irrefutable, but its just you that knows about it.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would tell; however, if I'm the only one out of millions who have realized the truth, the millions probably wouldn't believe me.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Not too sure as how would even the proof showed be enough evidence that only I knew about it? And the evidence that only I found be so irrefutable it would more than likely be disected it would never be believed cause of the many people not wanting to believe truth, even before their own eyes. Or evidence in their own hands. Always the skeptics.

They say the bible is the greatest STORY ever told. Maybe that is all it was. Just that. A story. Even as a Christian and believing in God I question his existance. Where is MY proof he actually lived, other than through what? Stories......I believe the people/places existed, sure.....and I believe miracles or as some call chance/fate happens.....and for reasons we can't explain.

But there is ALOT out there still unanswered and never will be.

I would tell some one in Authority........and see what happens from there. Either falling into place or falling into disruption!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would probably not tell anyone. I would not want to be the one that made millions of people comet suicide, because their beliefs where lies.

Answer by louise2 at 6:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I believe in trying to live a life of truth and honesty so I would have to tell what I had found.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Good question. I think it would depend on what that truth is. I can't really say what I would do until faced with that decision.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 10:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Repeat question.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Isn't this the second time you are asking this? Why are you repeating this question? Are you just playing games to see what our reaction would be? I'm wondering if you are even for real or just starting to cause problems? Hummmm better be careful with what you say and do. You have someone more important to answer to!

sarcasm

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 5:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2011