I don't find it cool or SMART for people to brag about what they can do that others may not be able to do because every pregnancy is DIFFERENT and some people are HIGH RISK where as others may have NOT have been! So don't talk to them like I can do it so can you unless your a DOCTOR!

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• THATS TRUE,I WAS HIGH RISK WITH MY SON FOR 9 MONTHS,GOD KEPT ME THROUGH IT ALL.
    ISLANDGIRL1234

Answer by ISLANDGIRL1234 at 6:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was high risk for both pregnancies. Since I knew that I just smile politely at those who ignorantly told me I should be going for long walks every day or what ever else they told me I should be doing. I knew they were the clueless ones.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You seem to have had something upset you and I'm sorry. As women we should support eachother and help lift eachother up. I've had easy pregnancies till this current one and my sister just had her first. What you may find is that people don't necessairly remember all the hard parts of their pregnancy. My sister did not entirely enjoy her pregnancy and women would say oh I loved this and that you should try this and that or I don't know why you don't like this, I LOVED it. I would settle her by telling her that these women forgot that the week before they said this or that about their pregnancy or labour and it wasen't so great.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I know what you mean! Every woman and every pregnancy is different in their own ways. When I was pregnant with my first I worked at a hotel with a girl who was about 2 months ahead of me on her due date and it was her 5th child. She ran all over that place like she was super woman and I on the other hand would get very winded, dehydrated, swollen, and sore by the middle of my shift. It was constantly thrown in my face how SHE could do these things with no issues and she is further along than I am, bla bla bla... I needed the money so I kept on working and ignoring the idiots. One day it just got to be way too much for me and sent me into early labor at 32 weeks. I think they got the message after that that I was NOT playing around or just trying to get sympathy
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• oooook
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You are clearly having issues with expectations of others during your pregnancy. It could be that they are just attempting to inform you of possibilities they themselves once thought were impossible, but after researching found that they were incorrect in their thinking. It isn't always that people think they are smarter than you, they often want to prevent others from falling into the same things they did. They may be going about it the wrong way, but they really want to prompt you to research for yourself and come to your own conclusions. Perhaps instead of ranting about their ignorance, you do your own research and give a valid response, backed by fact. Or you could just ignore them.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 4:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011