WHY WOULD MOTHERS LOOK GOOD GOING OUT AND THEIR KIDS LOOK A MESS,I THINK KIDS SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK BETTER THAN THIER PARENTS ALWAYS WHAT YOU THINK? adult content

ISLANDGIRL1234

Asked by ISLANDGIRL1234 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• LMBO!!!!! Because there are times...

We just got done playing at the park and I let my kids really play. Meaning..they can get dirty. And no I do not feel the need to strip them down with wipes and put on new clothes at the car before going anywhere else. And there are times I let my DD(5) pick out her own outfits. I like the fact that she is an individual, even if that means a pair of leapord print tights, pink capris, a tutu, and cowgirl boots. And finally...Because I just dont care what others think. Some people will judge unfairly no matter how well my children look. If they have that much time, feel the need to give my Family that much thought...go for it. Chances are we will never actually "meet" so why does it matter?
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If I pick my kid up from "Messy Play Day" should I then wipe paint on myself before leaving so as not to upstage her?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• right
    bumped ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• you are over-generalizing. i do agree that before you leave your house, you should wipe the grub off of your kid's hands and face. i certainly do not like to leave my house looking dirty, so im not going to let them either. but just because you see a mother out with a child that looks dirty, doesn't mean she just came from home. she could be coming from the playground, daycare, a friend's house, a restaurant. there are times when cleaning them up first isn't an option.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't think the OP is talking about just playing messy. I think she is talking about mom's dressed to the 9's with their hair and nails done and their kids look like orphans from a 3rd world country! You know the kids with snot all over their faces and look like they havent had a bath in days, no shoes, ratty clothes.
    I'm sorry but as a parent, you kids should always come before you. If you are too busy doing your own hair to even comb theirs then you need to get a grip. My sister was one of those people and it just killed all of us to see my neice and nephew look like ragmuffins while she was all neat and tidy. It's neglect in cases like that. My neice was actually badly burnt on her feet at age 4 because she had no shoes on and was playing around a day old burn area and the coals got her.
    A messy playday once in awhile is no big deal and there is a huge difference.
    firemans_wife

Answer by firemans_wife at 7:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• IDK, If I let DD keep her hair down, by 10 am it looks like she hasnt washed it in days. Just the way hers is. I think the biggter point here is...not to make snap judgements like that. You don't know what their kids have just done, and you don't know that they spend tons of time on themselves and nothing on their kids.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• good luck keeping the kids that way, they are kids, they may have left home looking okay, buyt after a few minutes out or having a meal or playing outside, that is history lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No, I don't think kids should look better then the parents and just curious WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING???? I think if you just left your house kids should look good but kids don't stay clean. Kids do't stay clean for the most part
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There are times, after I pick my son up from preschool, that he is covered in grass stains, paint from art class, and a few bumps from classmates. While I am dressed in my work clothes. I still take my guy out for dinner or run to Target for an errand. I am sure are mismatched appearance is striking. There are some weekends my son has play-dates or attends birthday parties. I want to look nice but I know my son will be covered in birthday cake icing, will have been running around, and will not stay neat and clean. I dress him in sweats and I might be wearing designer jeans, a nice sweater and Coach shoes. Mismatch? Perhaps from an outsiders point of view. But I wasn't the one smearing a cupcake on my face or sliding down a slide from a bounce house.  My motto is he hasn't had a good day unless he has a few scratches, bumps, and dirt.  I know he played to his fullest extent if he wears his play.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Well because sometimes my children want to dress themselves and if we are just going out to get groceries then I choose my battles and let them dress how they want as long as it is weather appropriate. Sometimes my daughter purposely messes her hair up while in her car seat and I don't have time to fix it before we go into the store. I don't think kids should be clean and pressed at all times. If they are it means they are not playing and doing what kids need to do to learn and grow up well.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011