SOOOOO many anon posters!

I understand posting anonymous sometimes. If it's something embarassing, or if you don't want a bunch of hate mail for your views, for example. But why do so many people respond anonymous for boring, not controversial, not embarassing questions? I just don't understand.

SamanthaAgain

Asked by SamanthaAgain at 11:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in About CafeMom

• just to annoy people like you ;o)

out of habit at this point actually.

Why does it matter who said a response anyways? Would you trust it less/more if you knew who said it?

Anonymous

• It doesn't matter at all, but it just seems kind of silly. I've made a few friends just through the answers section, and it seems like a neat way to meet people. It doesn't annoy me, I was just wondering.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I've seen people bash others - on their profiles and off - for the smallest, tiniest, most trivial reasons ever. Some people just get shy or wary after a while. Or they think they sound catty and don't want reprimand. There are lots of reasons. I don't let it bother me - in the end we're all anonymous anyway! lol. Most of us don't personally know that many other moms on here.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Because some people are shy and/or what may not seem embarrassing to you may be to someone else when they are posting
    Anonymous

• You can take ANYTHING out of context when it is typed and not said... so that is why most people are embarrassed to even answer sometimes... so with the anonymous feature allows them to at least give their two cents!?  Well at least that is what I think! :)

cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 11:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• See I really do understand the anon feature. I've used it a few times when I'm embarassed about something or I'm afraid someone will harass me about it. But there was a question just a little while ago about introducing solids, and someone posted a link and went anonymous. It's no big deal, it doesn't bother me at all, at least the mama with the question is getting info. I just don't get it.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• the link went with my first answer (answer #1 on the thread)
    Anonymous