What are some easy summer meals..........

What are some of your favorite summer dishes that are easy & won't heat up the house? My SO used to work midnites so I didn't really have to cook dinner (he slept ALL day!), now he's on days & I feel obligated.

krisstencarmela

Asked by krisstencarmela at 7:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I like to have dh cook on the grill, and we eat inside under the shade. If it is waaay too hot for that, or no one wants hot food, we have a cold pasta salad (make it the day before), crunchy fresh veggies and ham sandwiches. That's my favorite!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 7:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Salads are good for summer. I don't like to eat alot when it is hot out. My favorite is Greek Salads made with Feta Cheese sprinkles, diced chicken, black or spanish olives and Greek Dressing(Gazebo Room is the best), and Swiss Cheese(using a cheese grater) and then put some cut up tomotoes in with it.
    nan16

Answer by nan16 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Make subs, they are fun, healthy and delish!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• We grill alot and I also use my crock pot. I am in the Crock Pot Mom group and they have tons of great recipes. One of our faves is the Salsa Chicken. Check it out.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 10:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008