is it weird to be excited to nurse again??

I nursed my daughter for 4.5 months and stopped because she got a tooth. I started because it was healthy for her but was absolutely AMAZED @ the bond that it created. I remember when I stopped she did really well being switched to formula but I didn't lol. I wanted to nurse, I missed that she didn't need me. So anyways im scheduled for a c section at the end of the month and I am so excited to have that bond again and im hoping it goes just as well as it did with my daughter. Is this strange? Anyone else have that feeling?

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 7:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not strange at all!!!! That's great. I have nursed all four of my kids and am still nursing. (Mine have a full set of teeth and still nurse)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Not to be mean but what ever floats your boat! Good for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No at all! I nursed my son only 3 months and was excited to nurse again when I had my 2nd child just 17 months later and nursed her for 9 months! I wish we were in a place to have another baby. I would try for a year of nursing. I think its amazing and I enjoy the bonding.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 8:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Totally normal for a mom who enjoyed it the first time! I only got to nurse my son 3 months part time due to work and no money for a pump so I was ecstatic with DD to try and go a full year!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• not if thats what you enjoy.

Hell, I;d be thrilled to go back to my old army unit in Germany if it was still in existence and the guys were all still there exactly the way it was the day I left for the States (all ancient history now), but no its something you loved, even if it had its unpleasant times, you still loved it overall. I envy you. I can't get mine back, but you sure can. I say go for it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• of course its normal! I nursed my second son for 16 months and I miss it like crazy. He had a full set of teeth by the time he was a year old. (got his first the day he turned 3 months). I am pregnant again, and cannot wait for the whole experience of nursing again!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 8:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My son nursed for 18 months and my daughter for 35 months. I only had about 4 months in between the two not nursing and was pregnant during that time so I did not have much time without nursing, but I absolutely loved the bond it gave us. I also loved being pregnant and giving birth (very empowering for me) so no it is not strange or wrong.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm pregnant with my 4th and am excited to nurse this baby too. I stopped nursing my first at 3 months because he was bitting and I couldn't get him to stop. I was so sad when I weaned him. His sister nursed till she was 17 months and had teeth but never bit me, well once but that was it thankfully! I nursed my 3rd dd till a year, she weaned herself. I've felt sad when they all stopped but felt better when I let them wean themselves. I intend to do the same with baby #4!
    Good luck this time around hope you enjoy it just as much if not more!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it's very normal!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't think so. I nursed my son for 14 months, and was excited to nurse my daughter. It really creates such a bond between you and your child. I was sad when mine decided they didn't want to nurse anymore, both at 14 months.
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2011