What would be you life be like...

if you never met the people who have changed it?

For me it is a complicated thought.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The possibilities are endless, but interesting to wonder about.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Not only that, but think about the countless numbers of people whose decisions have had a profound impact on your life, and you will never know it...

For example, the guy who decided to stop to pick up his dry cleaning on the way to work, and because of that, wasn't driving at "full speed" down the highway next to you when he got a flat tire, and because of that, he didn't have a blowout when his tire went flat, and he didn't swerve and hit your car.

Or the lady who, just as she was going to get into her car and drive drunk, changed her mind and called a cab.

Or young adult that was strung out on drugs and would have robbed that convenience store you were in the other day, but his parents saw he had a problem and admitted him into rehab...

There are countless choices - some major, some minor, made by countless people every day, and no way to ever know the ripple effect their choices have.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes the possibilitiies are endless and way too complicated to even think about LOL
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes very complicated and far too many branch offs. Its also dependent at what stage in life we're talking about.

In HS, young adult life, and even within the last 12 years, I could have made so many different decisions, my life would not only be quite different, my kids may not even exist as I know them (which in the case of the Autism wouldn't be so bad, but I digress)..
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's the "Butterfly Effect" - you never know where what small (or big) action you take can lead you. I met my current DH through a series of "mishaps," we would have never met if things worked out as we had planned. (I was supposed to attend a trade show in NYC, I had been on the road for almost a month straight and I wanted a colleague to do it for me. His DD got sick and couldn't go so I had to. DH wasn't supposed to attend, his boss made him go at the very last minute.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It would be hell, more than likely. Or, it might be worlds better. One extreme or the other, I'm sure lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011