Do you ever...

get stuck in past memories sometimes?
something you wish so bad you could go revisit and people you could say hey to and you know its all gone and they are long gone and have long since moved on? I am today and its making me kinda sniffly knowing I can't just see those guys again see my old  Army unit in Germany again.

Its been gone quite awhile now and the guys have lived their lives since our young crazy days. The few I've reconnected with were very different and weren't all that interested in reconnecting. It was very disappointing. Still I can't get my head out of those days today for some reason. I really want to go back and see the old place again and do the stuff I used to go do there, but I can't. I can see it in my head and on the internet in pics, but it doesnt exist anymore, like a part of my past just wiped out of existence.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah its a funk i get into sometimes, as well. As long aas you don't get stuck there for too long its ok to be nostalgic. Maybe try to look these guys up on Facebook or something or find a Vets group that can relate to what your talking about.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes I do this time to time! It is a helpless feeling!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It is a sad and hopeless feeling, because you know that those you knew are gone. And, the person you were then is also gone. Life changes us.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• OMG YES!!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sometimes its just about my ma and missing her and wishing i could share everything im going thru right now with her. looking back onn our times together. and sometimes its about my first bf and how it might have went if we stayed together.
    or about when the kids were little and i was a sahm.
    sometimes i cry sometimes i feel guilty...
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes. I think we all do from time to time.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes it is a very sad, helpless feeling. sometimes i ask myself, why.... or what if.....
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 9:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Absolutely!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Oh yeah, all the time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sad and frustrating a bit isn't it?
    a helpless feeling.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011