Tubal Ligation "?"

I just had my tubes ties 3 weeks ago and was wondering After you get your tubes tied, are you supossed to have regular periods or do you not have a period anymore because your egg dosent ovulate like it used to????

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• unfortunately you still get regular periods...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Your cycle will return to normal. You still ovulate, the egg just can't reach your uterus. Sorry.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Eventually you will have a period because your body still does release an egg and goes through the hormonal things, but the egg never reaches the uterus. It may take some time to get back to your regular cycle though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes,u still get regular periods.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My periods remained the same
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 9:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You DO still ovulate, you DO still have a regular period. All a tubal does is interrupts the egg's route to the uterus.
    Anonymous

• normal period, sorry the lining builds up in hopes of an egg whether it gets there or not.
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Mine got heavier. Way heavier. Sucks. But so far they are nice and regular (almost 28 days exactly) which is nice because before I got pregnant last time they were all over the place. I didn't even realize I was pregnant until I was 6 or 7 weeks because they had been so irregular I didn't even realize I had missed it (since it ended up being an early one).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011