Does anyone else have this problem?!?!?!?????

Here's my dilema... Everytime I am on birth control, I can not stop bleeding.
I have been on 5 different pills, the depo shot, and now I have Mirena (IUD).

Everytime I either 1 - bleed for several weeks at a time (even after taking the birth control for at least 6 months) or 2- I dont stop bleeding at all.

I now have the IUD in. My doctor said that this is the last thing I can try for birth control. I had it put in around September. Things seemed to be going ok. A little irregular bleeding, spotting, etc. Normal side effects. But now, I have been bleeding for about a month straight. No stopping at all.

I already have 2 daughters, and am not ready for another one just yet.

I also have adenomyosis. however its not bad, irregular, heavy bleeding is a symptom of it and birth control is suppose to fix that problem. Obviously it hasnt. The next step my doctor says is getting my tubes tied... Im 22!!!! Dont want that yet. and the only way to cure adenomyosis completely is a hysterectomy. Again -- 22 years old!!! Not yet!

I started using BC when I was 15. I havnt continusly used bc because of this. And I also had gotten pregnant with my first daughter while on birth control.

Has anyone else had this problem?

BelloItaliano

Asked by BelloItaliano at 9:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like u don't have any other options. Your doctor is concerned because u could lose too much blood and bleed to death! I get u r only 22 but,life does not always work out like we planned. Just be grateful for the kids u have. U need to make some important decisions,I know it is hard,but, these r your only choices. I would not wait too long on it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes, i have used almost all of the aboved mentioned and had the same issues. my dr (after my 2nd child) was actually discussing either a tubal liagation or hysterectomy, however i also have major issues with my period.
    i think some ppl just cant handle bc!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 9:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yup!! As a matter of fact I did.. I spent about a good 2 years bleeding like crazy and trying every different birth control under the sun to try and change that. Finally my doc told me enough is enough. I needed to either lay off of BC altogether or as JOR HAIL mentioned, a hysterectomy! I was horrified by the hysterectomy so I decided to get off BC altogether. After about 4 months of my period finally being normal, hubby and I decided to try for our 3rd and final baby and then i'd get my tubes tied. So.. here I am.. 29 weeks pregnant with twins (YIKES.. make that 3rd and 4th final BABIES) lol. I have always used BC since I was about 18 years old and I don't know what changed all the sudden for me to not be able to handle it anymore.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Use condoms.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• there is obviously an underlying problem, you should check to see if you have any other problems, cysts etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Ugh... I think the IUD is going to give you the most problems! I had mine in for three months, never stopped bleeding, nor cramping and then I developed a massive infection. I had issues with BC too, never could take any it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011