How to help my sick 3 year old.....

he has been coughing ALL night long, and sneezing, so obviously common cold...just wondering what at home things i can do to help...OTC medicines etc. Any help would be great thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can also try elevating him while sleeping, and keeping it cooler in the area he's in. You can also try Vicks on his feet, with socks on.I had a child in my class whose mom was a nurse, and she did that every time she had seasonal allergies and it knocked it out within 2 days. Keep and eye on his temp. If it gets fairly high it could have turned into an infection.
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am not fond of OTC meds but when I need to use them I always get walgreens brand. Even for my self. I frist start with vicks, humidifier, and a warm bath to loosen whats inside... when all else fails i get the cold meds, just make sure your getting them for just the symptoms he has! gl. hope he feels better.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 9:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My 5 year old was sick awhile back, with coughing. I used children's Delsym, this stuff works great for consistent cough.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011