My 3 year old's stool

Absolutely vomit worthy! She is 3 and has eaten nothing really that is out of the norm in the house...... but her poop smells like vomit! It is super liquidy, has a orangy/yellowish/pale to it, but she is able to hold it until she gets on the potty. We went out and got her this stuff for toddlers that help bind her up, or should anyway if it's a bug (but it's at my in laws and they're not bringing it over until they leave around 10), we have pull ups in case of an accident and we are making sure she gets electrolytes.

My question, has anyone had this problem, do you know what it might be, and should I go to the doctors and get it checked out? I wouldn't be freaking but everyone around me is and it's bugging me.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds viral, just keep her hydrated and really well cleaned.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with ObbyDobbie that it sound viral, but if this is a reoccuring problem she could possably just need more fiber in her diet.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 11:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It could be viral based on how long it lasts, but one of the children in my class (who had a limited diet) had BM's like that and she had a vitamin deficiency. If it lasts longer than 2-3 days i would make an appointment with the doctor and see. Keep an eye on her temp. and if it runs high i would go ahead and take her in. Some children also have sick BM's when they have ear infections, strep, etc...
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011