Does your spouse help out with cleaning&chores? Do you think in this day&age a spouse should help out even if they is the only bread winner?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 9:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I think if you are the SAHM then most of the chores should fall upon you but I also think that they should help do a few things like yard work, car maintance, help with keeping their own things picked up. It doesn't hurt them also to help put away their own cothes, help with some dishes that kind of thing.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• my views are if a mom is a sahm she should do the majority of the house stuff HOWEVER...he should do the 'man' things, mow the grass, take the trash out, fix whats broken. i work 2 jobs and he works 1. He works a little more then i do but i still expect a little help. although i rarely get it. i think it all depends on how a person was raised and their views.!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 9:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My dh helps with all chores around the house. We are equal partners regardless of who makes what $$.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm a SHAM and dh is the main bread winner (I watch children in my home). But I'll tell you that not much get's accomplished around here during the day when I've got my 3 (one on the way too, I'm about 7 months pregnant) and soon upto 4 other children in my care. I also volunteer at my church and my son plays hockey which takes up the weekends.
    So yes dh does help around the house. If he didn't our already chaotic house would be a total pig pen! We share laundry duty and kitchen clean up and the general tidying of the house. He does garbage, litter and doggy cleanup. I handle the cooking and bathrooms. With our kids we share bathtime and homework. Yes he works but he doesn't see what I do at home as less worthy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• everyone should pull their own weight.
    mom2autumnnick

Answer by mom2autumnnick at 9:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Mine does, he does not like the way I clean, so I agree and let him do it! and he is the only bread winner.

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• since he works all the time I don't fuss ab him not doing chores I only ask that he picka up behind himself. I clean everything in the house except picking up behind him!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm a SAHM so i do 90% of the housework. I do all the laundry, dishes, dusting, bed making, vaccuming, bathrooms, taking care of the kids (we have 3 under 5 yrs) and cooking

DH takes out the trash, clears the table after dinner, yard work, the garage and if i ask him to help with something he always does.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• "everyone should pull their own weight"

This just made me laugh - my husband weighs double my weight, should he do double the housework? lol

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Work outside the home is only ONE responsibility of an adult. Inside the home the responsibility is splity 50/50 (Or as the couples see otherwise). Cleaning, taking care of children, cooking, repair, and everything else that goes with it is the responsibility of BOTH adults in the home. Even if only one brings home the money.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2011