If you were to give a %, how powerful is the devil in your life and what is your best defense against the evil one??

This is a powerful question. I am just wondering, because he tempts us so often and in so many different ways. It is hard to stay clear and avoid these temptations at times. I am doing a bible study on revelations and have started reading the bible from the beginning also. Pretty mind boggling at times, but insightful and I enjoy my time in the Bible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't want to say he has no power over me..because like anyone else I am tempted and I sin. The more focused I am on Christ the harder the Deceiver will try to distract me.
    My greatest weapons against him are the Eucharist and the Jesus Prayer.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 0%...I dont believe in him therefore he has no power over me.

YOU are the ultimate say in how anything effects you be it good or bad. If you think some devil influences you and your choices then its up to YOU to figure out how to fix that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think you are way over analyzing. The devil has no power over anyone. Wanting to do something bad isn't the devil, it's human nature. You simply learn what your weaknesses are and don't put yourself in the way of temptation.

Don't expect to be perfect. Expect to do the best you can and be forgiven.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 0%. Just like his counterpart Yahweh, the devil has never proven his existence to me. Never lifted a finger to help me. And if either one appeared on my doorstep I would shut the door in their faces.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 0% as I don't believe he exists. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Mythological characters have 0% power over me and my life.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 0% Speak the word of God.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 9:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 0% i dont give the devil any power in my life (i think of him more as an idea, not an actual being, that represents evil) and so he has no power. ive had a very blessed life and i think it has to do with never fearing how evil is going to cause me trouble. ive basically turned my back on the devil and its made all the difference.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• its as simple as asking yourself "does this feel like a bad thing, or a good thing" and always doing what is good
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 0% influence. Even when I was Christian, I owned up to the bad shit I did. The Devil didn't make me do anything; I did everything of my own volition.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011