if your friend cheated on the husband would you still be her friend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Probably not, especially since I'm usually friends with the husbands of my married friends.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It would depend on a lot of things, but generally speaking I would. I don't think her infidelity has anything to do with our friendship, or her trustworthiness in our relationship.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Her decisions that she makes with her husband and love life have no effect on how good of a friend she is.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would tell her it is wrong but the friendship will still be there.

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I guess that would completely depend upon the circumstances. I doubt I'm a perfect friend, and while I haven't cheated on my husband, wrong is still wrong. Sounds like maybe she needs friends now more than ever.... I wouldn't want everyone who I counted as close and support to leave me just because I was making a mess of things in life. SO, unless she was cheating WITH my husband, I don't think it would keep me from being her friend.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I've been in that situation...but the couple got a divorce as a result...I am trying to be friends with both b/c our kids are friends...it's so hard for me and I try to act as if everything is ok but there is a huge difference when I'm around her...I just don't think I can actually be "friends" with her anymore b/c I don't see her in the same light anymore.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It has not changed my opinion of my best friend! I don't believe anyone is perfect and we all have our faults!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It depends how we define friends here. I have an acquaintance who constantly cheats on her husband. Are we friends, to the point I am friendly and courteous to her at work. Would I share my stuff with her? Probably not. She has been cheating on her hubby for years with different men, and thinks its a fun game. Not so much for the women who where married to these men.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Years ago, my BFF was in this situation & it did not affect our friendship in the least. Her husb was a total jerk & the other man made her happy. Eventually she did divorce, the other man also divorced, but they are both w/ other people now. We have been thru too much together to turn my back on her. It was her "mistake" to make. We all make those to varying degrees, and a true friendship can weather any storm.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Most likely yes because it's her marriage not mine.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2011