Have you ever hit rock bottom in your relationship?

If so what happened and how did it get better?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• i guess it depends on the strength and foundation of where the relationship lyes anyway. you have to know what is important in your relationship and is it that serious in which you guys have plunged down really fast. if it is, the love has been lost, the love has gotten old and the love has just been tiresome for both or one partner.
    msjewel24

Answer by msjewel24 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes.. i left, started "dating", but my SO wouldnt give up.... it was a very ahrd 2 weeks in both our lifes but now we are engaged and getting married in 11 weeks... it takes work even now to make things good, and for him to forgive me for what happened while i was gone
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Sure did. Bruised my emotional butt too. Well it finally came to a head and I said I was leaving. That woke him up and things started changing, and we started working on things for real. Then after a few weeks we realized that we were just happy again .. and didn't have to try. It has been wonderful.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes.., Rock bottom of my 25 year marriage happened nearly 17 years ago.. Short version: emotional abuse, alcoholism, infidelity, money issues, life issues.....

We got through it all because WE wanted to. We BOTH wanted to get through those things together, and make our lives better together. We worked damn hard to completely rebuild our marriage into a marriage that we BOTH are : happy in/with, fulfilled, satisfied, respected, loved and appreciated. Doing so took a lot of work, a lot of tears, a lot of cold hard honesty, a lot of dedication and a lot of love on BOTH of our parts.. It could not have been done if only 1 of us wanted it, it had to be both willing to give their all, or it would not have worked out.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it didnt get better
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• We did. We finally had to admit our faults and bad behaviors that were making the marriage rocky. Then we had to decide that we wanted our marriage and we wanted to make it better. It was a long road, lots of hard work, lots of letting go of resentment and lots of love. We are now stronger and happy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011